- All instruments and equipment are sterilized in accordance with the recommendations of Public Health Ontario
- Complete foot and nail assessment. Any pre-existing health conditions should be mentioned in the assessment if pertinent to care.
- Relaxing foot soak (if appropriate)
- All nails trimmed and filed. If nails are especially thick, they can be gently reduced with a podiatric drill. If you have any ingrown nails, most can be reduced or removed to relieve discomfort and pain.
- Callus and corn reduction. For stubborn corns, at home solutions can be given to assist in softening and reducing for further treatment on your next appointment. Certain types of corns may be able to be removed completely.
- Finish your treatment with a relaxing foot massage with aromatherapy oils or cream.
- Health teaching and advice provided if additional treatment or assessments are required.
- Your treatment will always be performed by a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) with advanced assessment skills, professional training and knowledge to ensure you are receiving the highest quality care for your feet.
- Each visit will be documented and will be a component of your health record
- Depending on treatment required, please allow 30-60mins for each appointment.
- Basic nail polish application can be applied if nail condition is satisfactory and own polish supplied. (Additional fee applies)
- Registered providers with DVA
- Services may be covered by private health insurance, please check with your provider and we can assist with completion of forms if required.